Monday, September 9, 2013

Feeling better about things




On Thursday, when we found out about mom having more cancer, I sunk into a deep hole. The funny thing was, I was feeling sorry for myself. I felt numb and I even wrote about it (although I didn't publish it).

It took a day, but I realized that I was being selfish and not supportive. I can't wallow in my own personal pity party. My mom needs me to be strong and help her be strong. I woke up Friday with an entirely new perspective. I hope I can continue feeling this way, because it is really hard to sink and feel sorry for yourself.

Another strange thing was happening on Thursday. I was reading a very sad book and so it made me even sadder. Does that happen to anyone else? I can get totally swept up in a books emotions. If a couple is fighting, I will get mad at Jorge, so weird.


-jen

No comments: