Thursday, September 5, 2013

Update on mom




My mom is at the doctors office right now. She had a check-up after being treatment free for the summer (not cancer free, just no treatments).

A month or so ago, mom started feeling not so good. I figured it was because she had an intense two weeks with gabe while Jorge was in the hospital. She had a cough, but went in for a ct scan and things looked ok. She and my dad went to Florida for two weeks (we were supposed to go, but couldn't because of Jorge being sick). When they came home, she didn't feel any better.

Today, they did another ct and found that the cancer in her lung was still small (the radiation was working), but, there was a new spot near her windpipe and in the lymph nodes there. There will be more radiation, more chemo. That's all I know for now. I wanted to be able to let everyone know.

Thank you all for your prayers and thoughts before. We could sure use some again. My mom's a tough woman so I know that she will pull through this.

-jen

No comments: