Friday, April 20, 2012

Flashback Friday


Today I'm flashing back to august of 2008, to Kauai, to our honeymoon. This was the most amazing vacation I have ever had! We did so many activities and the setting was just breathtaking. For anyone who hasn't had a chance to get to Kauai, I strongly recommend it. Yes, I'm sure that all of Hawaii is wonderful, but there is just something so relaxing about this island. I could go on and on about how great kauai is.




We went on this amazing boat ride, it was like four or five hours long. It was guaranteed that we would see dolphins and we totally did. I actually didn't see them in person. I was still a little afraid to go to the edge of the boat. Jorge did take some awesome pictures of them though. He was at the railing as soon as they let him. we cruised around the side of Kauai that is only accessible by boat or air, the napali coast. It was so beautiful.



We also got the opportunity to go snorkeling. Anyone who knows me well knows that I DO NOT really like the water and I don't know how to swim. Jorge couldn't wait to get in the water, I was just going to watch from the boat. The captain was not having it though. He helped me get the snorkel gear and then helped me get into the water holding onto the back of the boat. I was so freaked out!!! It was nice of the captain, he stayed with me at the back of the boat while everyone else was out in the ocean.



Can you see the death grip?!

That wasn't the only time I was freaked out on our honeymoon. We also went zip lining. *holy crap* I was so so so afraid! I don't like heights, just like being on a ladder or anything where you can fall. Um, hundreds of feet in the air on a wire?! Thankfully we had the best guide helping us. Ben helped me get up there and just do it. I think I opened my eyes on the last line.



Even though I was terrified about half of the things we did, I still had a great time. I'm glad that I can cross snorkeling and zip lining off my list. I'm also glad that I got to share in all of those things with my hubby.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: