Friday, April 5, 2013

It's been a long week




Jorge has worked a lot this week. He also went to a concert Wednesday and is going to another concert in Milwaukee tomorrow. It has been a lot of gabe/mama time. I hate to admit this, but I know other moms feel it....sometimes it's just too much together time.

Gabe is one of the best things to ever happen to me. I love him more than I knew possible. He makes me smile and I can't get enough of his squeezes.

However...

Sometimes, there is a point where you have spent too much time together. For both of your sanities (is that a word?) you need some space. Thankfully, Jorge picked him up today and hung out with him when I went to a resale thing with Megan. I needed that space. It's kinda hard to appreciate your kids humor when it's the only thing you've been around for days.

I felt bad that I needed a break. But I'm not the only one right? I felt bad that every thing was getting on my nerves, but I also felt like I couldn't stop. I am so grateful for having the evening "off".



(also, there's only so many times you can hear the hot dog dance song)
-jen

No comments: