Sunday, October 6, 2013

A few reasons why I miss mom




I know that my mom is here in spirit. I know that she's looking over me and gabe. However, it's not the same.

Most days, I do really well. I do have huge moments when I feel overwhelmed, and sad and empty. I don't know if most of you know, but my mom was my best friend. I told her {almost} everything. A bad day at work, call mom. Gabe is driving me nuts, call mom. A surprise elimination on Project Runway, call mom. Sunday dinners were mostly spent in the kitchen talking to mom.

Also, I don't always trust my gut instincts and my mom was always there to reassure me. Yes, of course I am a grown up and should make my own decisions, and I guess I'm going to have to do that from now on. I've just never been very confident about things.

There are also some things that I'm upset that she's going to miss. Last year, she got sick around thanksgiving. We had talked about having a day full of cookie baking at our new house. Sidney and I could picture it before we had even moved in. Now, Sidney, gabe and I will have to have the memory without her and that makes me really, really sad.

Thank you everyone for all of your love and support in these past few weeks (and for the weeks to come).

-jen

No comments: