Monday, October 7, 2013

Love/Hate the Internet

I really love the Internet because it has helped me reconnect with old friends and make new ones. Although I resisted Facebook at first, I wouldn't have reconnected with my best friend from high school, and Vicky, whom I have known since we were four. I hope that Facebook will help me get new of my new business to more people. Speaking of my new business, there wouldn't be a business if it weren't for the partnering of me and Alli. I wouldn't know Alli if it weren't for instagram. Jorge thought that we were crazy for meeting. {who meets people in person that they are friends with on instagram?} But now, she is one of my closest friends.




I hate the Internet because I feel like I have ADD when I'm online. I can only be on certain sites, for a short amount of time, until I'm bored. I struggled to get PayPal to work, and shit like that just makes me feel stupid and frustrated. A few years ago, I even got in a fight with a friend because of Facebook.





I hardly ever let Molly and conor {the kids I nanny} be on the computer, or even watch tv, but gabe is on the iPad constantly. I have mixed feelings on that too. I know that he is learning {most of the time}, but I also worry that he isn't using his imagination as much.

Anyone else have a love/hate relationship with the Internet or technology?
-jen

No comments: