Monday, November 25, 2013

Poop

Yep. You read that right. I'm blogging about poop today.

Isn't it funny how you become a parent and suddenly it becomes second nature to talk about bodily functions? I have conversations with people that I hardly know about gabe's bathroom habits, and wether or not he's using the potty. I've shared on Facebook, Instagram and here pictures of him on the potty. In a way, I feel really bad about this generation of kids. Half naked, potty (or bathtub) pictures are everywhere!


Anyways, back to poop. Jorge had his surgery to reconstruct his colon on Thursday. He also needed to take part of his small bowel out. In order to go home, he needed to start getting his bowels moving. He needed to pass gas and/or poop. When he finally went on Saturday, it was some of the best news. I know I was not the only one fearing the worst out of this hospital stay. I texted a few people the good poop news. He even put it on Facebook. I never thought I'd be so happy about some poop!



Jorge was able to come home yesterday, after keeping a small meal down. I'm so relieved to have the surgery done and have him home.







-jen

No comments: