Monday, May 13, 2013

Lucky




I'm pretty lucky. I may not acknowledge it all of the time, nor do I realize it all of the time, but yesterday I really felt it. Nothing in particular happened, it was like any other Sunday, I guess I was just reflecting on the day.

Here are some of the things that make me lucky....
*my mom. She's fighting cancer, but she's still at home, still upbeat, and one of my best friends.

*my dad. He may be annoying me with a possible trip to Florida, but it really just means he wants us to spend time as a family and relax.

*jorge. He can bug the shit out of me, but he is also the sweetest man. I really am lucky that he let me force him to marry me. He really does make me incredibly happy.


*gabriel. That kid. Sometimes it is hard, like really hard to be a mom, but I have never felt a love like this before. He can make me want to pull my hair out and then look at me and say "I love you too"...melting...

*javi. He may not be around a lot, but he is one of the good ones. I want nothing more than him to be happy and someday have a family of his own. I'm so glad that he is part of our family.

*maria. I don't know if you read this, but hopefully one of the girls tells you, I was over the moon yesterday when you told me I was like another daughter. It means so much to me to hear you say that. Thank you. I love you too.

To my brother,Cristina, Sidney, jasmin, and my friends....I am so lucky to have all of you in my life for different reasons. You guys have shown me love and support when I really needed it and I love all of you for it.



Ok, I'm done. I just wanted to say that I am truly lucky and blessed and very loved. I hope everyone knows how much I love and appreciate them.


-jen

No comments: