Friday, March 7, 2014

Mom makes an awesome angel

There's no question that my mom was the best, and I miss her everyday. However, she makes a pretty awesome angel. I didn't blog about this, but I kept meaning to….

December 21st, mom's three month "anniversary", was my *Lucky Day*. It all started with a plan to go see Santa. Of course, everyone needs Dunkin Donuts to brave Santa a few days before Christmas. At the drive-thru, I wanted a chai latte. The machine was down so I just ordered my regular coffee and some munchkins for Gabe. We pull around to pay and they say it's on them because I really wanted a chai. WHAT?! Awesome! Then Gabe sat so nicely for Santa. On our way back to the car, I just wanted to see how much a shirt was at New York and Company.  As we walked in the store, we were handed coupons. Sidney opened the coupon that Gabe/I was handed. It was good for $100 off a purchase!! So, I could "spend" $100, and not really owe anything.


Admittedly, my mom spoiled me, and shopping was one of our favorite things to do together. It's also one of the things that I miss most. I could call her up and ask if she wanted to go to Kohl's or Target and she almost always said yes. She also spoiled me at christmas. I know that this was her way of giving me Christmas. Even Jorge agreed.

There have been a few other things, but yesterday was another biggie. I was offered a job and I was so terrified to tell my boss. It's been 12 years, it's like a relationship. We were in the car together and she told me that she had some news, I said I had news too. She said that she was making a job change, and would be home most of the time.  I said "great! Because I was offered a job!" I really was nervous about leaving and wondering if I was making the right decision, but it all worked out in the end.

I miss my mom, but I love that I have someone looking out for me up there.

Oh yeah, one more thing….for the past few days I have been really nervous and stressed out about the whole job thing and my necklace with mom's fingerprint has been stuck. After I got home last night, as I was getting ready for bed, I tried to unstick it (I had been trying before), and it came free immediately. I had been wondering if mom wanted me to keep it on, because I was thinking about taking it off, I guess she wants it on. I think it was just another way of her showing me that my "problems" were working themselves out.

No comments: