Monday, October 8, 2012

Having a two year old kinda sucks


I love gabe with all of my heart. He is my world, my sunshine. Except when he's not.

Since gabe has turned two, he has totally embodied a two year old. He throws tantrums, he is rude to people, he refuses to kiss his mama, he is not my little angel anymore. Sometimes it brings tears to my eyes to see the way he is behaving. I'm not sure what to do and I know that it is a phase...but it's hard.



I'm a nanny. I've watched supernanny. How am I letting my two year old walk all over me? How can my two year old be bringing me to tears? He screamed at Jorge's mom Saturday, he screamed and pushed my mom Sunday. He wouldn't say goodbye to anyone he came into contact all weekend (family). Does time out for a two year old work? What if he cries and screams for 20 minutes? Is it really worth it then? I know what supernanny would do, what have you guys done? I know many of you have older kids, I need some guidance please.



My mom has said I have to gage his mood and decide which battles to fight. I agree, but at what point does letting something slide turn into in outraging bad behavior? I know that it is a very fine line. I've seen the results of allowing a kid to push that line until it is no longer there and you don't know where the kid in front of you came from. I just hope I get a handle on this and that "this too shall pass"




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: