Wednesday, October 10, 2012

I've got goals people!




Ok. I recently discovered some new blogs and I freakin love them! They are by the unordinary moms...the moms who swear, the moms who are tattooed, the moms who DIY their own way.

Finding their blogs made me think back to the person that I think I used to be. In high school, I didn't really care what people thought of me. Mostly, because no one (especially boys) really thought of me at all. I have recently reconnected with my bestie from high school also. And I don't know why, but I always think of these awesome pants we shared. They were khakis, but were tight with a huge flare at the bottom. Anytime I got the pants, I always felt awesome! And my friend and I? Um...we were not what you would call...I don't know...we were the opposite of what I am now. We used to ride in shopping carts, wave like beauty queens, and ask people if they wanted to come with us to slay the evil dragons. Yep. That was us.


I'm not that now. I'm more cookie cutter. No, I don't have mom jeans, but I have yoga pants. Lots and lots of yoga pants. (They are comfy!). Maybe I have a few *7* tattoos and a pierced nose, but is that even edgy anymore? I saw a tween in target with part of her head shaved. I also saw two girls, probably around six or seven at the zoo with pink hair. I mean, if they have dyed hair at seven what's left for me at 32? (ugh. Am I really 32?)

Anyways, this was about goals right? So here are some of my goals....
1. Lose the damn weight. Get off my lazy ass and do it already! Stop talking and start doing!

2. Craft. Craft for me, craft for others, just get that pent up creativity out!

3. Be unafraid. It's going to take baby steps (probably) but I'm going to try and step out of my comfort zone. Wear what I want to wear, talk to people.

4. My hubby will like this one best of all.....smile more. Not just for gabe, but for everything that I am so fortunate to have.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: