Thursday, December 27, 2012

Making stuff


Last week I made some Christmas presents for some of the kiddos we know. It wasn't hard but I didn't try it before I made it so....hopefully it turns out!

What did I make? Well, now that everyone, or almost everyone has their gift, I can share. I made gingerbread play dough. I mixed all of the dry ingredients together and put them in empty pasta and jelly jars. then, I wrote out the rest of the directions and attached them to the jars with a cookie cutter.




The recipe (that I found on pinterest of course) is really easy.

1tbsp cinnamon
1tsp cloves (ground)
1tsp nutmeg
2tsp ground ginger
1tsp cream of tartar
1/2 cup of salt
1 cup of flour

That mixture looks like this. It's about 2 cups of dry ingredients if you plan on making it and putting it in jars.





I had to use a funnel to get the dry ingredients into the jars.

The rest of the ingredients are 1 cup of water and 1tbsp of veggie oil. Mix the dry ingredients with the oil and water in a medium saucepan. Stir until the mixture becomes a thick batter. Cook over low/med hear until it becomes a thick dough. Then turn it out onto parchment paper and knead.

I made an extra batch so that I could have one for gabe so I will have to give it a try soon.

-jen

No comments: