Sunday, August 21, 2011

Lazy sunday


Yesterday gabe really showed signs of getting a cold. Unfortunately he and I didn't sleep very well. I had a horrible headache so I went to sleep early while Jorge put gabe to bed. However, it wasn't long before gabe was in bed with me. I wanted to get some sleep but I also knew that he couldn't sleep, so I gave in pretty quickly.



It's really hard when gabe has a cold because he loves his pacifier. When he is so stuffy he can't suck on it and soothe himself. He is still pretty congested tonight so we will see how it goes. It breaks my heart to see him want to comfort himself with his pacifier (dog in this case) and not be able to.



Otherwise, today was the first Sunday that we really didn't do a whole lot. It seems like every weekend we are on the go. It was nice to be home for once. The only place we went was the grocery store and that was because we had absolutely no food. We did get some things around the house done and that was a relief. It seems like nothing ever gets done around here.

I have a huge stack of boxes that i went through today that is all of gabes old clothes. Our neighbor is pregnant with a boy so i am giving her almost all of gabes old clothes. I took out my favorites and my mom is going to make a quilt out of them for gabe. I am still trying to decide what I want to do with some of his outfits, like his christmas jammies. They have a cute reindeer on the butt. I would like to hold on the them instead of putting them on the quilt but I'm not sure what I'll do with them.




Right now i am enjoying my new toy. I am really glad that I don't have to keep using jorges computer. Let me know if there are any good apps that I should get. Hopefully gabe will be feeling better soon. Maybe the chicken noodle soup he had for dinner in the above picture helped.

No comments: