Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Burn the house down

Most of you know that sunday nights we have dinner at my parents house. My moms birthday was yesterday, so I said I'd make dinner for a change. Ha!

It turned out to be a really busy day, busier than I thought it was going to be. Also, I had to take a migraine pill because I was a little hung over from the block party (what can I say, I don't drink much). I had planned on making 3lbs of meatballs in the morning and just reheating them in the sauce for dinner. Somehow I ran out of time, which turned out to be a good thing.

Usually, I make turkey meatballs. (Jorge has gout and shouldn't eat tons of red meat even though he does) I'm not use to grease coming from my meatballs that I cook in the oven. I had bought a ground beef with a higher fat content and....there was grease all over the oven and the fire alarm went off every few seconds saying "fire! Fire!". I'm glad I didn't make them earlier, by myself, I would have freaked even more than I did with my mom and Jorge there. We even got out the fire extinguisher, just in case the grease in the oven caught fire when I took the meatballs out.

Unfortunately, there was so much grease we couldn't make the garlic bread that I already had out of the freezer, thawing. I put them in the toaster oven and burned the first two pieces. AND my headache came back.

What a memorable birthday/Sunday night dinner!

I could have really used one of these yesterday. Instead, I made dinner for Molly and conor that I also burned. I swear I'm a good cook!!!!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: