Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Continued sleep struggles

We have struggled with sleeping at night for quite awhile. I don't remember the last time that I slept in my bed, with only Jorge, for a whole night. It has started to take its toll again.

Jorge puts gabe to sleep most nights. We put him to sleep in his bed for a few weeks but he would wake up, cry and then beg to come to our bed. Then, the sneaky little devil, would just climb in our bed without waking us up. That was scary, since we weren't watching out for gabe in bed.

For a few weeks now, Jorge has been putting gabe to sleep in our bed. Ok. Fine. However, they are watching cartoons (loudly) on Jorge's phone. Jorge claimed he's falling asleep. For awhile he was, now he's not. He has been going to sleep after 10 for the past few days. This means two things, I can't go to sleep before 10 and I have a kiddo who is sleeping until 730/8. Which is great, kinda. We have had things to do and not time to sleep in. Also, that means that he takes a later nap, goes to bed later and just continues the cycle. I cannot do this!

I don't like going to bed when gabe is still up because I'm still hoping to put him in his bed for the rest of the night. Although that really hasn't been happening. I actually like sleeping with gabe. I don't like going to sleep when he's still awake, he likes to put the ends of my hair in his cheek-neither one of us is getting to sleep.

So, I just don't know what to do. I have to put my foot down about the cartoons, I'm just not sure Jorge is going to be happy about that.

On another note, gabe had an awesome playdate with his future girlfriends, Maggie and Lucy. It's so cute! Maggie calls gabe her boyfriend already! I can't wait for gabe to start speaking sentences and saying funny shit like that!



They ate lunch, got in bed together, and then kissed! Maggie kept saying "gabe, kiss me good nite."


Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: