Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Crafty craziness

Omg! I'm so sorry! I have totally forgotten about my blog because I have been bitten by the crafting bug. BAD.

I have wanted to make an ABC wall in gabe's room since I saw it on pinterest. (sooo evil) Originally, I had wanted to paint a tree on his wall. He's got a jungle themed room, mostly because he LOVES giraffes, but also because it's kinda easy to change up. But I digress. I was going to search flea markets for the letters. We did find a pretty cool "U". But it became clear that this could be a long search. Thankfully, wooden letters are totally in at craft stores. Hobby lobby has the best selection. I had to decorate a lot of the letters. Some were paper mâché, others are wood.












I also wanted to make an "S" for our front door. That was a harder project than I originally thought. It is actually hard work to wrap yarn or twine around a large paper mâché letter. You don't want to use too much glue in case you have to undo anything. I started with twine and pulled it off because it was too thin in some places and too heavy in others. The yarn I found on clearance was the best, pretty (and manly) and super soft.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: