Friday, August 10, 2012

I heart pinterest

I'm obsessed with pinterest (I've mentioned this before). I can't decide what I like better, the arts and crafts or the food.

I made nutella cookies awhile ago that were pretty good. Floating around lately has been cinnamon pull apart bread. The original recipe I saw included making your own bread. There is absolutely NO WAY I'm making my own bread so I did some searching. Pillsbury.com has a few different ideas. I went for the easiest looking one that didn't have a glaze (per Molly's request).

It was the easiest recipe. Butter a loaf pan and set the oven to 400 degrees. You will need 1/2 cup of melted butter, 1/2 cup of sugar and 3 tsp of cinnamon. Mix the cinnamon and sugar together in a shallow bowl. Oh! And the biscuits! You need a tube of buttermilk biscuits. Cut each biscuit in fourths.



Then you dip each piece in the melted butter. you then roll each piece in the cinnamon and sugar mix. Put each piece in the loaf pan. Bake for 20-27 minutes.







I highly recommend getting the bread out of the pan quickly. I put a plate on top of the pan, flipped it over to pop the bread out and then did the same thing with another plate. There is a lot of buttery cinnamony sugar on the bottom of the pan that will get stuck if you keep the bread in. Also, you can pull it apart easier if you aren't watching out for a hot pan.






It was so good, I'm making it again this weekend for Jorge and Sidney. I hope you give it a try!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: